Thursday, November 22, 2012

Life


Everyday, I have different ideas of how I want my life to be. I want to be a write, a baker, a photographer. That’s what I want out of life. Maybe I am doomed to be a blogger forever. Maybe not. An office job maybe nice. I just don’t ever want to work somewhere I hate.

Growing up, my mom had a plaque on the wall that said “If you have a job you love, you will never work another day in your life.” Makes perfect sense to me. I love to write, bake and take photos. Maybe I should do that. I would be happy working from home, spending time with my loved ones. Raising kids, if we ever have any.
Now, before you think I am a bad person or whatever, let me explain. I love children more than anything. I want children, Jeremy (my husband) wants children. My mother wants grandchildren. The question is if we are capable of creating crib midgets. I constantly worry about whether I can make them.

Now, enough of my boring/depressing baby talk. Let’s talk about something fab… THANKSGIVING DINNER!!! AHH!!!

It’s one of my most favorite holiday dinners. I get to spend time with my family and eat amazing nom-noms. My favorite items are the baked mac and cheese (a family recipe and OH SO YUMMY!!), Ham rice, Lima beans, pecan pie and sweet potato soufflĂ©! I am not big on meat, but I do cook it. The hubs is a big meat eater!
This year, I handled the ham, ham rice, and lima beans. My mom covered the rest. We are still teaching my sister, she was never really into cooking much that didn’t come in a microwave container! I love her! I have heard her cooking is improving some, since she moved in with her honey man. I am proud of her… maybe one day we can teach her to family recipes. I am trying to learn them all!

So far, I have learned the ham rice secret… not much of a secret, I suppose. I just was so unaware. I love the baked mac and cheese. So different from other recipes I have read. If I were on speaking terms with my grandmother, I would want to learn so much more. We shall see. Christmas will be the final test to see if she will be in my life, or out of it completely. Long story.

Well, it is 2:31 am my time as I am writing this, to be posted later. I will be back on later, with photo updates of my scrumptious foods to tease you with!

Xoxo Aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment