Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Holy Ganache! Part 2 of 2

Yesterday, I told you about my ganache. How you must let it sit in the fridge overnight. Well, I got up this morning, had breakfast with the hubs, and went out on a search for a melon baller to finish my truffles.

Sigh. I couldn't find one, so I settled for a metal ice cream scoop. Didn't work so well, so I tried my 1/4 tsp measuring spoon, and used the ice cream scoop to help release the ganache from the measuring spoon. It worked sort of well, so I figure, I will freeze them, then try to hand shape them. Then roll them in my almonds. Or you can cover them with cocoa powder. Or if you have the magic powers, dip them in chocolate, or white chocolate, or vanilla coating. Once the ganache is made and shaped, it's really your call how you want to handle that.

My ganache is amazing, I must say. That is the simpliest and most delicious way to make truffles. I will be taking them to a friends house today, and around to my family to get their opinions. If you make them, let me know how yours turned out. So far, I love mine.

xoxo Aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment