Thursday, December 6, 2012

Wide Awake.

Good morning everyone. Here is 5:30 a.m in the good ole' south. I am WIDE awake, and for some reason, I am okay with that. Everyone else, and by everyone I mean the hubs and the furballs, are still sleeping. That is good with me. I got up actually at 3:30 a.m. I think it's because I slept most of yesterday away.

I have a semi-valid reason. I wouldn't have slept AS long if my hubby wouldn't have been hollerin' (yes, literally yelling) for me to wake up. I had a stomach pain all day. I am a sissy when it comes to pain, so I tend to be a big baby when I hurt.

Moving on. I have big plans for my tiny apartment. I have been spending the last month that I have been unemployed creating this plan, and going through EVERYTHING in our place. Clothes where first. I went through and tossed everything that doesn't fit, is torn/ripped/discolored or that we do not wear. Then went through our living room closet, which help a mass of stuff that I can not even begin to 1) Figure out how it got there or 2) how the heck it all fit. Then, I got rid of all the baby stuff we had. Yes, I had tons of baby stuff that I collected over the years. My excuse was that I was babysitting a lot back then, but my real reason was saving for our own baby. I doubt we will be having one anytime soon, despite our best efforts.

Now all that is left is the makeshift storage space in my kitchen, and to re-arrange the rest of the place. I spent some time in paint to draw you some pictures. I have my apartment now, and then how I want it. Now, mind you, it's not to scale. I think my picture makes it look like I have more room! It's very tiny for us and 2 furbabies.

This is the apartment now. My living room is cramped. The bedroom is cramped, though that can't be helped. Oh and I forgot the extra dresser we have against the wall in front of the bathroom, and the mini cart between the fridge and the door. Haha. All thats left to mess with is the makeshift storage and then everything should be done.

.
This is what I want to do. I want to move the extra chair out of the living room, and the bookcase I have in the living room closet out of there, and into that extra space in the kitchen. Make a reading nook! I really want to switch the living room and bed room, but the hubs won't let me. Technically, this is a two bedroom apartment, but we turned one room into the living room. I also am thinking of asking the landlord if we can take the carpet out and put in either ceramic tiles, like in the kitchen, or hard wood flooring. I mean, with 2 cats who shed, and I do my fair share of sheding hair, my poor vacuum can't handle these carpets! Haha.

Well, I think I have said enough. Going to try to sleep some more. The hubs woke up and realized I was up. Maybe I will read some more. I have been re-reading the Harry Potter series. (MY MOST FAVORITE EVER!!) I am realizing the more I re-read, the more they left out of the movies. Shame on them. Oh well. ;)

xoxo Aimee :D


No comments:

Post a Comment